Therapeutic Climbing - Module "Behaviour and Experience"
Within the module “behavior and experience” the therapeutic climbing will be impart in the context of psychosomatic diseases in all age groups. This course is more about the inner aspects of movement, than the sport. A lot of important topics in everyday-life are a big part in climbing: self-confidence, confidence, perfectionism, emotions, mindfulness and so on. The aims are the imparting of basic principles und models of therapeutic climbing with psychosomatic diseases, the application of fundamental diagnoses and after that the implementation with patients.
- 10- minute kick-off speech of each participant about personal experiences and assessments regarding indications
- Therapy models in clinical exercise therapy in psychiatric diagnoses
- Mindfulness when climbing
- Effects and impact factors in clinical movement therapy and therapeutic climbing
- Clinical pictures: depression, eating disorders, anxiety and panic disorders, psychosomatic disorders
- Personal experience bouldering and rope technique
- Methodical preparation and planning of climbing units based on case studies
- Security and risk management, security devices
- Legal requirements
Date: 27-29.10.2023 (attendance)
Course times (subject to change):
Fri., 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.
Sat., 8.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.
Sun., 8.00 a.m. - 1.30 p.m.
Registration deadline: 4 weeks prior to the event (later registration only possible if there are remaining seats!)
Location: Kletterhalle Rosenheim
- Professional experience 2 years (students: at least 8 weeks internship in a therapeutic institution) Climbing experience and climbing skills with appropriate evidence (e.g. "Safe Toprope and DAV Advance" or "Kletterkarte IG Klettern München & Südbayern e.V." or comparable certificate).
- Mastering two different security devices (semi-automatic machines)
- Mastering the contents of the DAV indoor climbing certificates (toprope and lead)
- Knowledge of further securing techniques (eg mast throw, HMS, grinding knots, prusik, abseiling)
- By registering for a course, the entrant confirms that he / she fulfills the stated conditions in climbing, is aware of the immanent risk of climbing sport and is ready to accept it.
- For insurance reasons and to protect the patients and participants, we reserve the right to prohibit participants from climbing the rope with patients (above boulder height) and not to issue the certificate if the required securing and climbing techniques are not mastered. A bouldering certificate with patients can be created independently.
- As soon as the proof of the security competence has been provided, the certificate "Therapeutic Climbing" will be submitted later.
The requirements are checked individually and could be acquired in a TK independent basic module (anatomy, physiology, kinematics, training theory).
sport students, sport scientist, physiotherapists, teacher, occupational therapists, physicians as well as anyone, who is working in medical, therapeutical, psychotherapeutical and/or pedagogical sector.
Language of Instruction:
7 - 10 participants
Dr. Alexander Heimbeck, Martin Reiter
1 ECTS (23 teaching units in presence)
S&H participation certificate naming the content of theory and practice
Currently, there is no date for this course or the advertised course is booked out, or does not suit you in time? Here you can put without obligation on the list of interested parties and will be contacted as soon as a new course date is established.