Therapeutic climbing provides as a possibility for interventions an enormous potential with regard to the therapeutic and disease process for various indications target groups. This course has its focus on the mental and physical disability of children and adolescents.
495 euro (reduced price for students and trainees)
- 10- minute kick-off speech or game for the target group of each participant
- Special features of inclusive groups: mental and physical disabilities
- Therapeutic climbing with children having cancer and autism
- Hold a teaching unit in Therapeutic climbing with children having disabilities and subsequently video analysis
- specific bouldering and climbing exercises in personal experience
- Use of various security devices
- Security and risk management on climbing
- legal bases
|Date: to be expected in autumn 2021||...Please put your name on the list of prospects...|
|Time: Fri 5 - 8 pm; Sat 8.30 am - 6 pm; Sun 9 am - 3.30 pm|
Registration deadline: 4 weeks prior to the event (later registration only possible of there are remaining seats)
TUM Campus im Olympiapark (climbing wall and seminar room)
- Professional experience 2 years (students: at least 8 weeks internship in a therapeutic institution) Climbing experience and climbing skills with appropriate evidence (e.g. "Safe Toprope and DAV Advance" or "Kletterkarte IG Klettern München & Südbayern e.V." or comparable certificate).
- Mastering two different security devices (semi-automatic machines)
- Mastering the contents of the DAV indoor climbing certificates (toprope and lead)
- Knowledge of further securing techniques (eg mast throw, HMS, grinding knots, prusik, abseiling)
- By registering for a course, the entrant confirms that he / she fulfills the stated conditions in climbing, is aware of the immanent risk of climbing sport and is ready to accept it.
- For insurance reasons and to protect the patients and participants, we reserve the right to prohibit participants from climbing the rope with patients (above boulder height) and not to issue the certificate if the required securing and climbing techniques are not mastered.
- A bouldering certificate with patients can be created independently. As soon as the proof of the security competence has been provided, the certificate "Therapeutic Climbing" will be submitted later.
The requirements are checked individually and could be acquired in a TK independent basic module (anatomy, physiology, kinematics, training theory).
sport students, sport scientist, physiotherapists, teacher, occupational therapists, physicians as well as anyone, who is working in medical, therapeutical, psychotherapeutical and/or pedagogical sector.
Language of Instruction:
min. 8 participants
S&H participation certificate naming the content of theory and practice
Currently, there is no date for this course or the advertised course is booked out, or does not suit you in time? Here you can put without obligation on the list of interested parties and will be contacted as soon as a new course date is established.