Future of Health - What will be the New Normal?
Health is an investment in future.
Worldwide, triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic, there is a “deep concern that leaders are failing to invest enough resources in core health priorities and systems. This puts lives, livelihoods and economies in jeopardy. None of these issues are simple to address, but they are within reach.” (WHO 2020)
The interdisciplinary summit on the „Future of Health“ at TUM addresses the current health challenges and focusses on the fundamental shifts inevitable for sustainable health. The main focus is on six topics that are driving the change in health, current questions are discussed and innovative answers are developed for the health sector: what will be the New Normal?
1. Driving economic growth & improving quality of life & life expectancy: can we have it all?
2. Lessons from COVID-19 and how to prepare for the next global health challenge
3. What does the healthcare system of the future look like – lessons from around the world
4. Shifting from a sickness service to a wellness system
5. The robot will see you now: How will technology transform healthcare systems
6. Leading change – how to get change to stick
Take part and learn from leading international experts who shed light on the health sector from a wide range of perspectives and with regard to future challenges.
|Future of Health - Interdisciplinary Summit 2021|
September 13-18, 2021
Professionals of the health system (health care, health industry, health politics, health economy) and its adherent fields
Undergraduates and graduates from other disciplines and for all those who are interested, how stakeholders analyze and comment the current health challenges
Opportunity to participate:
|via video conference tool Zoom|
September 11, 2021
|Participation fee||free of charge (new!)|
CME / CP
3 CME (per day; Cat. A)
Doctoral candidates 3 CP (per day)
Bavarian State Minister of Health and Care
Klaus Holetschek was appointed on January 11, 2021 by Prime Minister Dr. Markus Söder to Minister of State in the Bavarian State Ministry for Health and Care. We are very pleased that the Minister of State Klaus Holetschek has taken on the patronage for the interdisciplinary summit and the summer school "Future of Health".
- Design the "Future of Health"
- Visit a top-class event of TUM, the number 1 among German universites according to the QS World University Ranking
- Inform about the current hot topics and trends of Health and Health Systems through lectures and workshops with real life cases
- Meet renowned experts in health, technology, economics and industry and learn from their rich an excellent experience at Germany´s sole Department of Sport and Health Sciences
- Benefit from collaboration with international participants and get inspired by interdisciplinary creation of cutting edge models for the "Future of Health" and health care system
This program was developed in a joint collaboration between André Andonian and Renate Oberhoffer- Fritz
TUM Sport and Health for Life
Continuing education and training at the Faculty of Sport and Health Sciences
Technische Universität München
Uptown München-Campus D
Tue., 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Fri., 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Photographic material: freepik