with the Buddy Program we would like to give new students at the department in the winter semester 2023/24 a good start into their studies. The program starts in October 2023 and ends in May 2024, after the start of the summer semester 2024.
Tasks of the Buddy
If you are open to meeting national or international students and would like to offer them support in getting started with university life in a new city or country, we would very much appreciate your participation in the Buddy Program. Buddy activity is not to be understood as full-time support. On the contrary - the Buddy activity should above all be fun and be used to make good and nice contacts with students from Germany and abroad!
Benefits being a Buddy
- Get to know new cultures
- Improve your intercultural skills
- Make new contacts
- Make lasting friendships
- Discover the city together with your mentee
- Social commitment: you can request a confirmation of TUM at the end of your activity!
How to apply?
If you have some time and the willingness to commit, we would be happy if you contact us via email at email@example.com with the subject 'Buddy' and provide the following information that will allow a good matching:
- Age, gender, country of origin, semester and course of study, hobbies/interests
- Mentee's preference (country of origin, gender, etc.)
- Extent of support you can provide to your mentee (i.e. are you only available to provide administrative support or do you also want to spend time with your mentee in recreational activities, etc.).
- Do you want to get in touch with one mentee or more?
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.