- Information sheet for future exchange students
- Important and current informations
- Schedule plan (course and examination registration, dates of the semester)
- Video tutorials for using TUMonline (e.g. how to register in courses and exams)
- How to find courses
- Factsheet(PDF, 299 KB) about the Department of Sport and Health Sciences
- TUM IT-Service Center
- Video tutorial course enrollment (with TUM User Name)
- Video tutorial course overview (without TUM User Name)
Students must enter Ms. Fried (signature) as the responsible person in the learning agreement. To obtain a signature and discuss changes, students must contact Ms. Fried.
- Buddy program: Buddies are available in order to support foreign students. The Buddies help with administrative activities (like registration for courses and for exams) and provide aid in the integration to campus life.
- Language courses: All of the current offers and language courses can be found at the Language center of the TUM
- The Universität München e.V. offers German language courses (Attention: Different course enrollment times)
- Video: Studying in Germany
- Research in Germany
Housing situation in Munich
Finding a room in Munich can be a problem, especially at the beginning of the winter semester in October and November. The majority of the approximately 100,000 students in Munich live in private rooms, shared flats or flats. Only approx. 13% live in student halls of residence, which are mostly administered by the Studentenwerk (approx. 10,000 places), but in some cases also by other public or private institutions. In the case of the latter, students register their interest directly with the dormitories.
Exchange students cannot apply for halls of residence of the Studentenwerk because the waiting time for a room is 1-4 semesters depending on the hall of residence.
The average rent for a room is about 400 €. Rooms in shared flats and apartments cost between 400 and 650 €, depending on location and facilities. Residence rooms cost between 280 and 360 €. Patience is a necessary prerequisite for finding a room. The room search can take several months in the winter semester.
Attention: Never transfer money from abroad for deposits or monthly rents in advance if you are not 100% sure that the rented room really exists! There are many scammers here! If in doubt, please contact the Welcome Office of TUM!