Prof. Dr. med. Renate Oberhoffer-Fritz
Head of Chair of Preventive Pediatrics
Dean of Department of Sports and Health Sciences
Room: R 417
Consulting hours: please contact Secretary
- Reiner B, Oberhoffer R, Hacker AL, Ewert P and Muller J. Is Carotid Intima-Media Thickness Increased in Adults With Congenital Heart Disease? J Am Heart Assoc. 2020;9:e013536.
- Meyer M, Brudy L, Garcia-Cuenllas L, Hager A, Ewert P, Oberhoffer R and Muller J. Current state of home-based exercise interventions in patients with congenital heart disease: a systematic review. Heart. 2020;106:333-341.
- Fritz C, Muller J, Oberhoffer R, Ewert P and Hager A. Inspiratory muscle training did not improve exercise capacity and lung function in adult patients with Fontan circulation: A randomized controlled trial. Int J Cardiol. 2020;305:50-55.
- Brudy L, Hock J, Hacker AL, Meyer M, Oberhoffer R, Hager A, Ewert P and Muller J. Children with Congenital Heart Disease Are Active but Need to Keep Moving: A Cross-Sectional Study Using Wrist-Worn Physical Activity Trackers. J Pediatr. 2020;217:13-19.
- Westphal DS, Leszinski GS, Rieger-Fackeldey E, Graf E, Weirich G, Meitinger T, Ostermayer E, Oberhoffer R and Wagner M. Lessons from exome sequencing in prenatally diagnosed heart defects: A basis for prenatal testing. Clin Genet. 2019;95:582-589.
- Vainshelboim B, Lima RM, Shuval K, Pettee Gabriel K and Myers J. Precancer diagnosis cardiorespiratory fitness, physical activity and cancer mortality in men. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2019;59:1405-1412.
- Reiner B, Oberhoffer R, Ewert P and Muller J. Quality of life in young people with congenital heart disease is better than expected. Arch Dis Child. 2019;104:124-128.
- Muller J, Taebling M and Oberhoffer R. Remote Ischemic Preconditioning Has No Short Term Effect on Blood Pressure, Heart Rate, and Arterial Stiffness in Healthy Young Adults. Front Physiol. 2019;10:1094.
- Hollatz S, Wacker-Gussmann A, Wilberg S, Folwaczny M, Neidenbach R, Kaemmerer H, Ewert P and Oberhoffer R. Awareness of oral health in adults with congenital heart disease. Cardiovasc Diagn Ther. 2019;9:S281-S291.
- Hock J, Hacker AL, Reiner B, Oberhoffer R, Hager A, Ewert P and Muller J. Functional outcome in contemporary children and young adults with tetralogy of Fallot after repair. Arch Dis Child. 2019;104:129-133.
- Hacker AL, Reiner B, Oberhoffer R, Hager A, Ewert P and Muller J. Functional outcomes in children with anatomically repaired transposition of the great arteries with regard to congenital ventricular septal defect and coronary pattern. Arch Dis Child. 2019;104:851-856.
- Hacker AL, Oberhoffer R, Hager A, Ewert P and Muller J. Age-related cardiovascular risk in adult patients with congenital heart disease. Int J Cardiol. 2019;277:90-96.
- Folwaczny M, Wilberg S, Bumm C, Hollatz S, Oberhoffer R, Neidenbach RC, Kaemmerer H and Frasheri I. Oral Health in Adults with Congenital Heart Disease. J Clin Med. 2019;8.
- Bohm B, Karwiese SD, Bohm H and Oberhoffer R. Effects of Mobile Health Including Wearable Activity Trackers to Increase Physical Activity Outcomes Among Healthy Children and Adolescents: Systematic Review. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2019;7:e8298.
- Baumgartner L, Schulz T, Oberhoffer R and Weberruss H. Influence of Vigorous Physical Activity on Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular System in Young Athletes-The MuCAYA-Study. Front Cardiovasc Med. 2019;6:148.
- Reiner B, Oberhoffer R, Hacker AL, Ewert P and Muller J. Carotid Intima-Media Thickness in Children and Adolescents With Congenital Heart Disease. Can J Cardiol. 2018;34:1618-1623.
- Muller J and Myers J. Association between physical fitness, cardiovascular risk factors, and Parkinson's disease. Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2018;25:1409-1415.
- Lobmaier SM, Ortiz JU, Sewald M, Muller A, Schmidt G, Haller B, Oberhoffer R, Schneider KTM, Giussani DA and Wacker-Gussmann A. Influence of gestational diabetes on fetal autonomic nervous system: a study using phase-rectified signal-averaging analysis. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2018;52:347-351.
- Kovacevic A, Ohman A, Tulzer G, Herberg U, Dangel J, Carvalho JS, Fesslova V, Jicinska H, Sarkola T, Pedroza C, Averiss IE, Mellander M, Gardiner HM and Fetal Working Group of the A. Fetal hemodynamic response to aortic valvuloplasty and postnatal outcome: a European multicenter study. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2018;52:221-229.
- Hock J, Reiner B, Neidenbach RC, Oberhoffer R, Hager A, Ewert P and Muller J. Functional outcome in contemporary children with total cavopulmonary connection - Health-related physical fitness, exercise capacity and health-related quality of life. Int J Cardiol. 2018;255:50-54.
- Hacker AL, Reiner B, Oberhoffer R, Hager A, Ewert P and Muller J. Increased arterial stiffness in children with congenital heart disease. Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2018;25:103-109.
- Vainshelboim B, Muller J, Lima RM, Nead KT, Chester C, Chan K, Kokkinos P and Myers J. Cardiorespiratory fitness, physical activity and cancer mortality in men. Prev Med. 2017;100:89-94.
- Muller J, Ganeshamoorthy S and Myers J. Risk factors associated with posttraumatic stress disorder in US veterans: A cohort study. PLoS One. 2017;12:e0181647.
- Muller J, Dahm V, Lorenz ES, Pressler A, Haller B, Grabs V, Halle M and Scherr J. Changes of intima-media thickness in marathon runners: A mid-term follow-up. Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2017;24:1336-1342.
- Muller J, Chan K and Myers JN. Association Between Exercise Capacity and Late Onset of Dementia, Alzheimer Disease, and Cognitive Impairment. Mayo Clin Proc. 2017;92:211-217.
- Muller J, Amberger T, Berg A, Goeder D, Remmele J, Oberhoffer R, Ewert P and Hager A. Physical activity in adults with congenital heart disease and associations with functional outcomes. Heart. 2017;103:1117-1121.
- Meyer J, Elmenhorst J, Giegerich T, Oberhoffer R and Muller J. Controversies in the association of cardiorespiratory fitness and arterial stiffness in children and adolescents. Hypertens Res. 2017;40:675-678.
- Jantzen DW, Moon-Grady AJ, Morris SA, Armstrong AK, Berg C, Dangel J, Fifer CG, Frommelt M, Gembruch U, Herberg U, Jaeggi E, Kontopoulos EV, Marshall AC, Miller O, Oberhoffer R, Oepkes D, Pedra CA, Pedra SR, Peralta F, Quintero RA, Ryan G and Gelehrter SK. Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome With Intact or Restrictive Atrial Septum: A Report From the International Fetal Cardiac Intervention Registry. Circulation. 2017;136:1346-1349.
- Gottschalk I, Gottschalk L, Stressig R, Ritgen J, Herberg U, Breuer J, Oberhoffer R, Willruth A, Strizek B, Geipel A, Gembruch U and Berg C. Ebstein's Anomaly of the Tricuspid Valve in the Fetus - A Multicenter Experience. Ultraschall Med. 2017;38:427-436.
- Dalla Pozza, R., Ehringer-Schetitska, D., Fritsch P, Jokinen, E., Petropoulos, A. & Oberhof-fer, R. (2015). Intima media thickness measurement in children: A Statement from the Asso-ciation for European Paediatric Cardiology (AEPC) Working Group on Cardiovascular Pre-vention endorsed by the Association for European Paediatric Cardiology. Atherosclerosis, 238(2), 380-387.
- Elmenhorst, J., Hulpke-Wette, M., Barta, C., Dalla Pozza, R., Springer, S. & Oberhoffer, R. (2015). Percentiles for central blood pressure and pulse wave velocity in children and adoles-cents recorded with an oscillometric device. Atherosclerosis, 238(1), 9-16.
- Vogt, M., Müller, J., Kühn, A., Elmenhorst, J., Mühlbauer, F. & Oberhoffer, R. (2015). Cardiac Adaptation of the Maternal Heart during Pregnancy: A Color-Coded Tissue Doppler Imaging Study - Feasibility, Reproducibility and Course during Pregnancy. Ultraschall in der Medizin, 36(3), 270-275.
- Weberruß, H., Pirzer, R., Böhm, B., Dalla Pozza, R., Netz, H. & Oberhoffer, R. (2016). Inti-ma-media thickness and arterial function in obese and non-obese children. BMC Obesity 3(2), Published online 2016 Jan 9. DOI 10.1186/s40608-016-0081-9.
- Wippermann, F. & Oberhoffer, R. (2016). Sporttauglichkeitsuntersuchungen im Kindes- und Jugendalter – kardiale Aspekte. pädiatrische praxis, 86(4), 581-591.
Work and research topics
- Cardiovascular risk factors in childhood and adolescence
- Exercise suitability of children and adolescents
- Physical activity interventions for chronically ill children and adolescents and pregnant women with cardiometabolic diseases
- Sustainability of physical activity interventions
- Activity behavior and health
- Congenital heart diseases
- Pediatric oncology
- Gestational diabetes
- Intima-media thickness
- Vascular elasticity indices
In addition, Prof. Oberhoffer-Fritz is also active in the field of fetal echocardiography at the German Heart Center in Munich.
- Intervention projects to promote healthy lifestyles and influence on the cardiovascular system (currently: SUGAr study, influence of exercise on the cardiovascular system in women with and without gestational diabetes).
- Cardiovascular risk screening of adolescent competitive athletes and establishment of cardiological standards for children and adolescents in sports medicine
- Cardiovascular and/or sports motor screening in healthy and chronically ill children, adolescents and young adults: Cardiovascular prevention, including the development of age- and sex-specific reference data of selected cardiovascular parameters and evaluation of the associations between physical activity and cardiac health or vascular status
- Physical activity interventions in chronically ill children in a setting approach: secondary and tertiary prevention of cardiovascular disease in children and adolescents with congenital heart disease, overweight/obesity & cancer.
- Evaluation of the effectiveness and sustainability of prevention measures
- TUM cohort: Sports fitness of students of the faculty SG including assessment of student health and development of a student health management
- Anatomy of the internal organs
- Basics of health science
- Sports and exercise medicine
- Pediatrics and gynecology for health scientists
- Study of human medicine and dissertation at the Johannes-Gutenberg University Mainz
- Doctoral degree (1982, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz)
- Qualification as a specialist in pediatrics and adolescent medicine at the University Hospitals of Mainz and Ulm
- Habilitation (1995, University of Ulm, DFG grant)
- Acquisition of the specialization in pediatric cardiology at the University Hospital Ulm and National Heart and Lung Institute London, senior physician at the Children's Hospital Ulm
- Specialized in emergency medical services
- DEGUM (German Society for Ultrasound in Medicine) Instructor in ultrasound and echocardiography in children and adolescents, additional qualification in sports medicine
- Head senior physician at the Children's Hospital of the TUM in Schwabing Hospital and Clinic for Pediatric Cardiology and Congenital Heart Defects, Heart Center Munich, respectively
- Head Chair of Preventive Pediatrics
Technical University of Munich:
- Applied sports science
- Media and Communication
- Sports Biology
- Sports Psychology
- Biomechanics in Sports
- Preventive and Rehabilitative Sports Medicine
- Institute of General Pathology and Pathological Anatomy
- Institute of Medical Statistics and Epidemiology
- Institute of Nutritional Medicine
- German Heart Institute Munich | Clinic for Pediatric Cardiology and Congenital Heart Defects
- Klinikum Schwabing | Children's Hospital Munich Schwabing, Department of Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation
- MRI - Klinikum rechts der Isar | Mother-Child Center
- MRI - Klinikum rechts der Isar | Clinic and Polyclinic for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Board of Trustees for Prevention and Rehabilitation of the TUM
- German Sport University Cologne | Institute for Movement and Neuroscience, Department for Movement and Health Promotion (III)
- University Hospital Munich LMU | Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatric Intensive Care Medicine
- Clinic of the University of Munich LMU | Dr. von Haunersches Kinderspital, Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
- Prevention Practice for Cardiovascular Diseases in Children and Adolescents Göttingen
- University Hospital Düsseldorf | Clinic for General Pediatrics, Neonatology and Pediatric Cardiology
- Health Regionplus Berchtesgadener Land
- German Heart Foundation
- Doping Laboratory Kreischa
- Salzburger Landeskliniken (Austria) | University Hospital for Gynecology and Obstetrics of the PMU
- University Institute for Preventive and Rehabilitative Sports Medicine (Austria) | Institute for Sports Medicine of the State of Salzburg
- Université Montreal (Canada) | St. Justine Children's Hospital + Circuit
- Cooper Institute Texas (USA)
- University of San Francisco (USA) | UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital, Fetal Cardiovascular Program
- Stanford University (USA) | Veterans Affairs Hospital
- National Heart and Lung Institute (UK) | Imperial College London
- Scientific Reviewer German Foundation for Heart Research
- Scientific Reviewer Journal of Perinatology
- Scientific Reviewer Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Scientific Reviewer Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Scientific Reviewer International Journal of Hematology
- Scientific Reviewer Heart
- Scientific Reviewer European Society Cardiology
- Scientific Reviewer Journal of Sports Medicine
- Scientific Reviewer Sports Science
- Scientific Reviewer Journal of Sport Science
- Scientific Reviewer Pediatric Transplantation
- Scientific Reviewer Clinical Research in Cardiology
- Scientific Reviewer Pediatric Research
- Scientific Reviewer Atherosclerosis
- Scientific Reviewer European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
- Scientific Reviewer Cardiology in the Young
- Scientific reviewer Schlichtungsstelle Nordrhein
- Scientific reviewer DFG
- Scientific Reviewer for the DAAD
- Guest Editor in Frontiers in Pediatrics