We are particularly interested in the multiple pathways how exercise affects energy balance, and how acute and chronic under- or overeatung impact the regulation of body weight, body composition, metabolism, and musculoskeletal health. Our experimental work includes controlled dietary and exercise intrventions and we use various physiological, endocrinological and psychological approaches.
- 2000 - 2006: Master of Science, Nutritional Sciences, University of Hohenheim
- 2007 - 2011: Doctor of Philosophy (Dr. rer. nat.), Exercise Physiology, German Sport University, Cologne
- 2013 - 2015: Postdoctoral Fellowship at the Pennsylvania State University, sponsored by the Deutschen Akademischen Auslandsdienst
- 2015 - 2019: Professorship at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Director of the Sports and Exercise Nutrition Labs
- Since Juli 2019: Professorship Exercise Nutrition at the Technischen Universität München
„I am in a happy position to call my research interests also my biggest hobbies: exercise and nutrition/food. Outside of teaching and research, you might find me on one of my several bicycles, swimming in a nearby lake or pool, running or hiking in the mountaints, cooking or recovering from all that exercise."