Research assistant (PhD Student) – Sports and Exercise Nutrition
The Professorship of Exercise, Nutrition and Health (Prof. Köhler) at the Technical University of Munich, Department of Sport and Health Sciences, is searching for a research assistant (m/f/x) starting April 1, 2021 or by appointment. The employment is initially limited to a 2-year period with the possibility for extension based on academic progress and will be compensated the level of TV-L E13 (66%). The candidate will become member of the TUM Graduate School and will conduct a structured qualification program.
The main task of the candidate will be to actively participate in ongoing research and contribute to the development of new research projects, including presentations at international conferences and publications in high-quality peer-reviewed journals, and to teach courses in the area of sports and exercise nutrition at the B.Sc. and/or M.Sc. level.
Research at our professorship is guided by the overarching goal to understand the interactions between diet and exercise and how we can use this knowledge to improve human health and performance. We are particularly interested in the multiple pathways how exercise affects energy balance, and how acute and chronic under- or overeating impact the regulation of body weight, body composition, metabolism, musculoskeletal health and performance.
The successful candidate will have:
- An academic background (B.Sc. and/or M.Sc.) in nutritional sciences, sports sciences or related field
- Prior human subject research experience involving diet and/or exercise interventions
- Experience with statistical data analysis and/or programming
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative research team
- Excellent command of the English language. Basic knowledge of German is appreciated but not required
Please send your application including a letter of motivation, CV and names and contact information of two references compiled into one pdf-file to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here you can download the job description.